Mainland Ford is currently seeking an experience Service Advisor to join their successful and dynamic team! If you want to join a exciting industry apply now!
About The Role
The Service Advisor initiates automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer rapport and records.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet all customers promptly or, if unavailable, acknowledge their presence
- Efficiently help customers (internal and external) with the highest level of service
- Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer’s description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
- Confirm customer contact information at the time of all customer touch points
- Examine service history for every customer to determine recommended maintenance and repair history
- Obtain customer authorization via written approval/signature on all repair orders and procedures
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions
- Practice a consistent and thorough follow up process to ensure customers are kept up to date on vehicle condition and status with correct information
- Ensure all resources within the Service department are used effectively
- Communicate with internal/external customers in a timely fashion regarding recommended repair/maintenance by technicians
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system
- To service all allocated sales inquiries in a prompt and effective fashion
- Prepare a detailed and accurate estimate on the cost of labour and parts
- Communicate effectively with technicians to ensure all information is retrieved, documented and communicated with client on vehicle conditions
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer’s approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation
- Answering all Service calls in a timely manner
- Compile quotation for recommended repairs and/or maintenance by utilizing MPI Software
- Performing multipoint inspections on all client vehicles upon service write up process
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers’ publications
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Previous Two (2) years of experience in an Automotive Service Advisor role
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills with the desire to exceed expectations
- Ability to effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base
- Tech Savvyness; MS Office applications, Outlook, Dealer Socket, Social Media, PBS software experience preferred
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
The Trotman Auto Group represents a tradition of dealership excellence dating back over 40 years. We’re searching for qualified professionals to join our team and lead the industry through outstanding customer service.
Do you want to join an exciting, fast-paced, dynamic team? There’s never a dull moment in our group! Among a number of benefits, we offer all of our team members’ opportunities for advancement within the dealerships of Trotman Auto Group.
Once you’re part of the team, you’re part of the TAG family. We take care of our staff, providing complete in-house training, modern work environments, and even team building events.
As part of Trotman Auto Group’s culture and vision, we believe success comes from great people within the organization that are knowledgeable, inspired and love what they do; people who do not only attain their personal and collective goals, but live and work to their full potential.
Careers with the Trotman Auto Group provide
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University; including sales, service, parts and more
- Competitive compensation, benefits & Pension Plan
- Advancement within the Trotman Auto Group
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!