Western Canada’s #1 Chrysler store continues to grow and we’re currently in search of 1 more Automotive Licensed Technician to join our TAG family in our newly renovated and expanded shop!
About The Role
The Licensed Technician contributes to the operational efficiency of the shop by maintaining, repairing and diagnosing automotive vehicles in accordance to Trotman Auto Group and manufacturer guidelines, ensuring that our customer visits meet and exceeds expectations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose, repair and perform maintenance requirements in accordance to automotive manufacturer guidelines
- Perform duties as outlined on repair orders and discuss status with service advisors
- Perform road tests on all vehicles in which repairs, diagnostics and maintenance has been performed
- Record all pertinent information clearly on a repair order
- Ensure internal/external customer vehicles are protected by using proper covers, such as seat, floor and fender covers
- Maintain vehicle records by documenting service, repairs, vehicle status and future repair requirements into DMS system
- Make use of all resources available including team leaders, when required
- Keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance and notifying Service Management of equipment condition
- Remain abreast on automotive products , manufacturer updates, bulletins and recalls, and technical knowledge
- Achieving and maintaining CSI and fixed it right the first time scores above regional/target averages
- Diagnose and report existing conditions and additional repairs to the appropriate parties
- Communicate effectively with Service and Parts staff
- Road test vehicle(s) as required to identify concerns and ensure quality control
- Assist in housekeeping of the shop and service department
- Assist colleagues with maintenance repairs
- Provide written, prioritized quotes for necessary recommendations to service repair
- Comply with Trotman Auto Group and manufacturer policies, along with local, provincial and federal laws including those governing the rules of the road, and health and safety
- Valid Red Seal or equivalent certification
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Experience working at a Chrysler Dealership is an asset
- Desire to exceed customer expectations through a “Fix it right the first time” attitude
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of technical repairs and procedures
- The ability to operate manual and automatic transmissions
- Must be able to communicate (written and verbal) in English fluently
The Trotman Auto Group represents a tradition of dealership excellence dating back over 40 years. We’re searching for qualified professionals to join our team and lead the industry through outstanding customer service.
Do you want to join an exciting, fast-paced, dynamic team? There’s never a dull moment in our group! Among a number of benefits, we offer all of our team members’ opportunities for advancement within the dealerships of Trotman Auto Group.
Once you’re part of the team, you’re part of the TAG family. We take care of our staff, providing complete in-house training, modern work environments, and even team building events.
As part of Trotman Auto Group’s culture and vision, we believe success comes from great people within the organization that are knowledgeable, inspired and love what they do; people who do not only attain their personal and collective goals, but live and work to their full potential.
Careers with the Trotman Auto Group provide
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University; including sales, service, parts and more
- Competitive compensation, benefits & Pension Plan
- Advancement within the Trotman Auto Group
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!